Following a string of family conversations and zoom calls, my partners sister shared that she was making loads of slow cooker fudge, this specific day was rum and raisin. I had never heard of making fudge in a slow cooker, I decided I must look into this!
Some short googleing later, I realised there is a barrage of available recipes and a wide selection of flavours all with relatively simple ingredients. This started a rather ‘fudge heavy’ period in our house as I began to make a new flavour nearly every week…
Mint Aero Fudge
- 500g milk chocolate
- 397g (1 tin) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 400g packet aero mint balls
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker except the Aero balls. (I swapped the Vanilla essence for Peppermint to give a more minty taste.)
- Cook on high stirring every 15 mins for 1 hour until the fudge is smooth
- Meanwhile line a baking tin with baking paper
- After 1 hour and when fudge forms a crust pour into prepared tin and wait 10 mins before pressing Aero balls into the top of the fudge. (You can add different chocolate bars such as Crunchie once they’ve been cut up)
- Save a few of the Aero balls, crush and sprinkle over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight, then cut into slices and enjoy!